Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Waddy Watch: Jonathan and Wayne Lewis of Atlantic Starr

I remember my 10-year-old self helping my mom clean the living room. She'd be vacuuming with the stereo turned up loud. Secret LoversAlways. When Love CallsCirclesSend For Me. Those are just some of the songs from legendary R&B group Atlantic Starr that I heard coming from the speakers. I'd shout over the volume, "Mom, turn it down!" Of course she wouldn't. She was in the groove! Now-a-days, as we clean together, both of us attempt to sing the lyrics at the top of our lungs, probably out of tune. Haha! The moral of the story is that Atlantic Starr has some of the most timeless music in R&B history and it's intergenerational.

Recently, I had the chance to interview brothers and Atlantic Starr group members Jonathan and Wayne Lewis. In the video below, they reflect on their past performances, speak on the current state of the music industry, and tell us what we can expect at their upcoming show right here in Philly.


No comments:

Post a Comment